Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
In addition, these Career Technical programs are accredited by the following accrediting associations:
- Automotive: National Automotive Technician Education Foundation
- Certified Nursing Assistant: Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Dental Hygiene: Commission on Dental Accreditation, American Dental Association
- Emergency Medical Technician: Oregon Department of Education
- Funeral Service Education: American Board of Funeral Service Education
- Medical Assistant: American Association of Medical Assistants
- Natural Resources Technology - Forest Resources: Society of American Foresters.
- Nursing: Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Physical Therapy Assistant: Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Surgical Technology: Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology
- Respiratory Care: Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Welding: American Welding Society
Click here for more information on the college Accreditation.