Community Skills Center
Why choose the Community Skills Center?
- State of the art computer lab
- Open 6 days a week, with convenient hours
- Register and begin classes any time throughout the year
- Set your own schedule
- 10 weeks (or less) to complete a course
- Receive one-on-one instructional assistance
- Stress free learning environment
Need to improve your workforce qualifications and skills? Want to learn how to effectively operate a computer, create a document, or design a database? Would you like to be able to effectively operate your home computer? The Community Skills Center provides an inexpensive and convenient way to upgrade your skills quickly!
Classes are self-paced, non-credit and designed to meet the latest job market demands. For your convenience, course work can be done in the lab, or at home. Computer classes being offered vary from beginning to advanced levels, and include Windows, Microsoft Office Essentials, Microsoft Office Essentials Plus, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Outlook, Internet & E-mailing, QuickBooks, Beginning Computers for Seniors and more. General office skills courses include; Keyboarding, 10-Key, Data Entry Skillbuilding, and Proofreading.
The Community Skills Center also serves as a proctoring site for MHCC online distance learning exams.
- You must present photo ID at the time of your test. No exceptions!
- You will need to know your student ID number, course number and instructor.
- Cellular phones and pagers are not welcome in the Community Skills Center. Please leave these items at home or in your car.
- Children may not be left unattended while you test.
Fees - other colleges and universities:
MHCC charges a $20 per test fee. Please pay this fee in the Maywood Park Campus Business office, and bring the receipt to the Community Skills Center when you come in for your test. This fee does not apply to currently enrolled MHCC students or those taking courses through our partnership institutions (EOU, PSU and Marylhurst).
Register today at the Maywood Park Business Office, 10100 NE Prescott, Portland OR 97220, or call 503-491-6100. Learning materials are available in the Maywood Park Bookstore. For more information, please call 503-491-6122.