The MHCC On-Campus Transfer Center offers a variety of resources and special programs, which provide information for students transferring to other institutions. Our goal is to facilitate the transfer process by making transfer information current, accurate, and accessible to students, staff, and faculty advisers.
Resources and activities available include:
- Internet accesses to college and university websites.
- Catalogs and program information from other colleges and universities.
- College reference guides (Peterson's, Lovejoy, College Board)
- Admission applications and financial aid materials.
- Transfer Advising Guides for popular majors.
- Quarterly calendar of activities and events.
- Transfer workshops, campus visitation schedules.
- College and university videos and CD-ROMS.
Advising & Transfer Center staff and faculty advisers can ease a student's confusion about transfer processes and options by:
- Encouraging students to start early in their preparation for transfer.
- Encouraging students to develop an educational plan with transfer timelines fitting their individual needs or goals.
- Providing current, accurate information about the transfer policies of the schools and private institutions.
- Explaining AA/OT degree options for transfer.
- Teaching students how to access appropriate information for transfer, articulation, major requirements, financial aid, etc.
- Identifying and referring students to transfer workshops and activities relevant to their needs.
- Sharing transfer information and materials with staff and students.
Contact 491-7315 for more information or contact an Academic Adviser.