Mt. Hood Community College- Marylhurst University Co-Admission Program
Mt. Hood Community College and Marylhurst University have designed a program to help you attain an education without leaving your community. The Co-Admission program will help ensure every credit counts and every course prepares you for your associate's degree and your bachelor's degree. The Co-Admission program helps you choose the most effective path to your college degree and assists in your smooth transition from MHCC to MU.
Why Choose This Co-Admission Program?
MHCC and MU are committed to serving your personal educational needs. This program offers students the advantages of flexibility, convenience, lower tuition costs and access to tremendous resources at both schools, including financial aid, and scholarships, technology, library services and early advising.
How Will I Benefit?
- Expanded educational options by combining academic resources of two campuses
- Only one application for MHCC/MU Co-Admission
- MHCC/MU academic advising available on the MHCC campus
- Library privileges for both campus libraries
- Coordinated financial aid and scholarships
- Coordinated access to technology facilities on both campuses
- Flexible course delivery online, at night, during the day and on weekends
- Cost-effective route to your degree
- Increased opportunities for study abroad and internships
- Increased access to credit for prior learning (up to 45 credits)
- Increased access to standardized tests (up to 45 credits)
- Waived admissions fee to MU
- Facilitated transition to university study
- Special scholarships for Co-Admission students
Your Success Begins At MHCC
The MHCC faculty and staff will provide you with a strong academic foundation to support your successful completion of a bachelor's degree at Marylhurst University. Small class size, personal attention, class variety and lower tuition prices, all packaged within a beautiful campus setting, are great reasons for you to start at MHCC and finish at MU.
MU has the following requirements:
- A high school minimum grade point average of 2.5 or GED score of 50.
- An overall 2.00 cumulative grade point average in completed college work.
Students are advised to complete the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree, Associate of Science degree or the lower division credit requirements for their program area to achieve junior level status at the time of transfer to MU. The AAOT requires a minimum of 93 transfer credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above. MHCC co-enrolled students should submit an evaluation request to review classes taken at MU that will apply toward this degree.
Complete Your Degree at Marylhurst University
Marylhurst University is a nationally-recognized model for self-directed students with busy, complex lives. A challenging interdisciplinary curriculum, flexible scheduling, engaging and personal instruction, a liberal transfer credit policy and recognition of learning acquired outside of the classroom are our hallmarks. You can have access to an affordable education in a small, liberal arts university that believes higher education should always emphasize the student as a dignified, unique human being. MU as an institution focuses entirely on the learning and development of its students.
The Co-Admission program provides a seamless transition for your undergraduate completion, one that culminated in spirited discussions, small seminar-style classes, varied perspectives and attention to the individual. An enriching environment - one that ensures your success in the classroom and beyond - awaits you at Marylhurst University.
Apply Now - MU