Services and Patient Responsibility
If you have a Dental Emergency -
We do not offer crowns, extractions, etc., nor do we treat dental emergencies.
We don’t have the capacity to serve walk-in patients, but are happy to assist you with referrals to other low-cost or no-cost clinics.
|Multnomah County Dental Access
|Emergency Tooth Doctor
503-252-6957 (SE Stark)
Geriatric Dental Care (55+)
OHSU School of Dentistry
Our dental hygiene students have a limited amount of time set aside to complete their clinical requirements. They depend on you to help them. Their time, like yours, is very valuable. If you must cancel an appointment, please call us at 503-491-7176, or call your student at least 24 hours in advance. Missed appointments, late cancellations or tardiness will likely result in your dismissal from the clinic. Your cooperation will help us to serve you better.
Dental hygiene students perform all services under the supervision of licensed dental health professionals. Our services are limited to preventative and limited basic restorative services. Our services are available to all adults and children age three and older. Due to the educational nature of the clinic, your treatment will progress at a slower pace than in a dental office. You can be assured that the instructor and student interaction, that requires more time during your appointments, also means that your care will meet the highest standards of quality.
Our services are not intended to replace comprehensive
dental care provided by your dentist.
Becoming a Patient
The clinic is open throughout the academic year, and closed in the summer. Hours vary from term to term, please call 503-491-7176 for exact times or to schedule a screening appointment. A few things to note about the clinic:
- The Dental Health Clinic provides care for adults and children age three and older.
- Appointments are required, and are made through your assigned student.
- We cannot accommodate walk-in appointments.
- All new patients will be appointed for a screening visit to determine your oral health care needs. Children usually do not need a screening visit.
- Clinic appointments last 1-3 hours. It is important that you are available for the entire appointment time.
- Patients often need to return for two or more visits to complete treatment. The number of appointments needed will be determined by your oral health needs.
- We will treat all patients without discrimination as to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or source of payment.
- We will provide considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment.
- We will fully describe the benefits, risks and expected outcomes of all treatment options, including no treatment, and allow the patient the opportunity to consent, refuse, or withdraw at anytime.
- We will provide an estimate of the cost of dental hygiene services in advance.
- We will provide continuity of care as allowed by the educational environment and provide referral as needed, and we will provide complete information about any referral that is advised.
- We will maintain privacy and confidentiality with all information regarding patient care.
- We will consider our patients’ input and value their opinions.
All patients are invited to provide input on any interactions with our clinic policies or personnel.
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to provide consent for treatment.
The parent or legal guardian must remain in the Dental Health Clinic during the entire appointment.
A treatment plan will be developed to meet your oral health needs and may include:
- Health screening with blood pressure check and oral cancer screening
- Dental examination
- Non-surgical periodontal care (deep cleaning or “root planing”)
- Oral prophylaxis (routine teeth cleaning)
- Oral health instruction with home care kit
- Dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Fluoride treatment
- Denture/removable appliance cleaning
- Intraoral photographs
Fees for care are based upon services needed and necessary supplies. There is no fee for the screening visit. Payment is expected on the day services are provided. The clinic accepts cash, checks, and most major debit/credit cards
|New patient screening
|Senior Citizen (62+)
|Children (12 and younger)
|Addition appt. (per visit as needed)
|Full Mouth or Panorex
|Panorex with Bite Wings
|Pedo Full Mouth
(allow three business days for duplication, not available during summer)
|More than three surfaces
|Sealant…… $5 per tooth or $10 per quad
Health, Safety and Privacy
With concern for your health and safety, and in accordance with accepted practices, we follow standard precautions for all patients and we continuously monitor compliance. By request, our written policy regarding blood-borne and infectious diseases is available. We consistently strive to maintain the confidentiality of information pertaining to the health status of each individual. We may use information for educational purposes as specified on the patient registration/consent form. Any information that we request or send to any other health care professional or agency will be done so according to our HIPAA Privacy Policies and Practices. We will not transmit information electronically without your consent.