GED® Testing on Computer
Mt. Hood Community College Gresham Campus
26000 SE Stark St, Gresham
- If you have a standard high school diploma, you are not eligible to take your GED.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you must submit to Testing Services a Release from Compulsory Attendance form or a GED Option/Parent Assurance form after completing Step 1 below, but before scheduling a test. Either of these forms can be obtained from your last school of attendance and must be signed by both a school official and parent/legal guardian.
- You must have non-expired government-issued photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID include: A drivers’ license or other DMV issued ID, a passport, military ID, or any other form of government-issued ID (national or foreign) that contains your name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph.
- You must have a valid email address.
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Create a GED account
- Visit https://ged.com to create a GED test-taker account. You will be asked to enter your contact information.
Make an appointment to test.
- Visit https://ged.com and login using the username and password you created in step 1 above. Click on Start Scheduling.
- You will be asked to answer some additional questions about your educational and personal background.
- Once you choose your preferred test location, you will be presented with a list of available test dates and times to select from.
- Each exam costs $38 and you will need to be prepared to pay when you make your appointment.
- If you wish to cancel or reschedule, you must do so 24-hours or one business day in advance (whichever is greater) or you will forfeit your test fees.
PREPARING FOR THE GED
Tools for test preparation are available at the https://ged.com website. In addition, Mt. Hood Community College offers GED preparation classes. For more information about these classes, please visit www.mhcc.edu/jumpstart.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Testing takes place in Testing Services, room 2335.
- Be sure to arrive 15 minutes early. Allow plenty of time to locate parking.
- Bring your current government issued photo ID.
- Personal items including phones, jackets, hats, wallets, keys, watches, etc. will not be allowed in the testing room. Lockers are provided.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR TEST RESULTS
You must score a minimum of 150 on each of the four GED tests AND 600 on the entire test battery (all four parts combined).
You may retest five times per subject area (a total of six attempts per subject area per year). Your first two retest attempts are $10 each. After that, retests are $38 each.
If you have a documented disability and feel you will require accommodations on any of the GED tests, you will need to submit an application and documentation of your disability to the GED Testing Services for approval. If you need help with this process, please call 491-6923 V/TDD to make an appointment with MHCC’s Disability Services Counselor.
RECEIVING YOUR TEST RESULTS
You will receive an unofficial report of your test results immediately upon completing your test. You may also view your results by signing in to your https://ged.com account.
RECEIVING YOUR GED CERTIFICATE
After you have completed and passed all four tests, you must visit www.diplomasender.com and create an account. All of your scores should be posted to this site within one week of completion. After you see your scores posted to this website, you may request that a copy of your official certificate be mailed to you. Your first request is free. Later requests will cost $18.