MHCC Testing Services is an “open” testing center, which means that we offer CLEP exams to the general public as well as MHCC students.
What Tests Are Available?
Testing Services can administer all 29 CLEP Subject Exams and all 5 General Exams. For more information on each of these exams, visit CLEP’s website at www.collegeboard.com/clep.
Please understand that MHCC does not grant college credit for all CLEP exams. Please visit http://www.mhcc.edu/programs.aspx?id=1667 for a list of CLEP exams that are accepted at MHCC.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Register, schedule and pay for your exam fees ($80 per test) at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount
- Print your CLEP Exam Registration ticket. This registration will expire after six months.
- Contact MHCC Testing Services to schedule an appointment by calling 503-491-7591.
On the Day of Your Appointment
Testing will take place in Testing Services, Room 2335 at the Mt. Hood Community College Gresham campus. We are located directly north of the Public Safety/Campus Information Office.
Bring Government-Issued Identification
Acceptable forms of government-issued ID include:
- Current passport
- Valid driver’s license
- State ID card
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card
Dantes-funded military and eligible civilian employees of the military must show an authorized military ID in addition to a second form of government-issued ID.
Visit Student Services to pay the Test Center Administration Fee
MHCC charges a $20 per exam. Student Services is open 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. You may pay this fee by credit or debit card, or cash only. You will be provided with a receipt that you will need to present to Testing Services staff at the time of your appointment.
- Bring your CLEP Exam Registration ticket
- Scratch paper and pencils will be provided
- No personal belongings will be allowed in the testing room. Lockers with keys are provided
- Parking on the MHCC campus is free. Park as close as you can to parking lot “E”.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Testing Services at (503) 491-7591.