||Polly Hobbs, Instructor
- Polly Hobbs is a wonderful instructor, gifted, creative artist and it is a delightful experience to be in her class. I plan on continuing to take her class.
- Polly is a wonderful instructor, and an amazing artist. I look forward to taking more classes in the future from Polly.
- I really appreciated the fact that I could work at my own pace. Also the many demonstrations
|Mosiac Art Workshop
- Just plain fun! Pauline is very gregarious. Uncanny ability to remember student names and use their name often in conversation.”
- Pauline was a very fun, knowledgeable instructor. I enjoyed the class very much”
||Nancy Tubbs, Instructor
- Nancy was fantastic! I really enjoyed the class. She has a true passion for quilting!
Art - Industrial
||Richard Kreisman, Instructor
- Mr. Kreisman is very knowledgeable and always ready to help his students. I have learned a lot of woodworking techniques during this semester from him. He is patient and good natured and has lots of ideas on how to get your project done. I would recommend his class to my friends and be willing to take it again.
- Great fun, great facilities. Thanks for sharing these toys with us adults.
- A student attended woodworking with a care provider to assist as he has developmental disabilities. He loved the class and the instructor went out of his way to help us, and was very kind and respectful in all interactions. Thank you! This mean a lot to us.
- Richard is very personable and enthusiastic. Would love to take more woodworking classes taught by him!
- I really enjoyed this class. Richard is fun to work with and has a wonderful background of knowledge and experience which he is willing to pass on to his students. I have learned a lot about woodworking from him. Ill probably take the class again and would recommend it to my friends.
|Introduction to Digital Photography
||David Green, Instructor
- This class was everything I hoped for. Very informative, fun, and I learned a lot about my camera and have an idea where I want to go with my next camera.
|Take Control of Your Nikon Digital SLR Camera
||David Green, Instructor
- The combination of the Nikon video and the instructors lecture plus the opportunity to ask questions worked great for my learning style. This was a very helpful course!
|Take Control of your Canon EOS Digital Camera
||David Green, Instructor
- David was great. I have a better understanding of my expensive camera now. This course made learning about my camera much easier than trying to read the instruction manual. Definitely would recommend for those with a Canon camera. Davids easy-going and helpful manner made me comfortable to ask many questions.
- What a wonderful experience!
||Linda Morgan, Instructor
- Linda is wonderful w/beginning students, but is able also to keep the class interesting & relevant for experienced dancers.
- Attention to detail and does a great job of blending beginning and advanced movements.
- It was good to have someone other than a parent instruct her behind the wheel. The input from an instructor is not viewed as criticism.
- She loved being behind the wheel and being able to ask questions. I have recommended the course to all our friends!
- I liked the focus on defensive driving skills and being aware of the road in front of, not just around, the driver.
|Fit for Life – Seniors
||Diane Glasnapp, Instructor
- When I first started to exercise I was just getting over open heart surgery – I can’t say how much this has helped me.
- Diane makes exercise fun and educational. She is a great instructor
- A great class – best of instructors – made good friends
|Yoga for Health
||Marie Corgiat, Instructor
- One of the best classes offered at Mt Hood. I’ve gained so much less stress – I’ve improved tremendously since I started this class
- Marie is very kind & aware. She presents ways of being in a non-threatening way for the general public. Marie is a great seed planter!!
- Marie is a wonderful instructor and has had a huge positive influence on my life.
- Marie continues to make yoga new and interesting even after all these years. She takes us to another level by including nutritional information.
- I had transplant/heart surgery and used to be in a lot of pain, now I can bend and twist and I feel great
- When I first started this class, I didn’t know if it was for me, but after just a few weeks I’m a totally different person. I’ve achieved more than I expected from taking this course. I had a knee problem and now after a few months – No trouble – No Pain – No knee brace…It’s a miracle…No, it’s Yoga.
- This course has been life-changing for me! Marie, the instructor, is one of the most knowledgeable teachers and one of the most supportive I have every had. She is truly inspiring!
- I have too many ailments to count. My doctor said yoga would save my life. From bed bound at times and not being able to sit/walk I can claim my life back now. I smile a lot. My husband, doctor and dog are pleased too.
|Water Aerobics by Moonlight
||Mary Furness, Instructor
- Really enjoyed this class a lot! Much nicer on the knees/joints than regular aerobics. Instructor is really fun. J Thank you!
- Instructor is enthusiastic and does a great job.
||Peggy Latshaw, Instructor
- “Peggy always makes the class fun, and she is so flexible with any suggestions we have. We told her about a song that we liked and the next class she had a routine to go with it. Thank you for such a great instructor.
|Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement
||Wayne vonBorstel, Instructor
- The class was awesome, and has changed the way I think. Should be required for all kids 18 or older!
- I really enjoyed the class. It was very informative. I know much more about money matters than I did before. Thanks
- Excellent. Thought Provoking. Should be offered/required for college age people also!
Kate Eakman, Instructor
I went to the Genealogy class I signed up for and I want to tell you how exciting this class is. The teacher is soooooooooooo good, so friendly, she answers any and all questions, stupid or not. She is like your next door neighbor and made the class just one of the best ones you have at Mt. Hood. All of your teachers should be as great as she is. I found long lost grandparents and even was able to view their grave stones. This was incredible to me as I'd never been to Kansas and would not have known where to start if I had. On with the show, I will not stop searching for family members until all records are exhausted.
Home and Family
|Wines of the World: France and Italy
||Court Carrier, Instructor
- Great Course! – C. Carrier is passionate about the art of winemaking, and made it fun for all of us.
- What a wonderfully, fun class. Court had such enthusiasm and had the students so involved.
|Concealed Handgun Permit
||Shaun Curtain, Instructor
- Shaun was very knowledgeable & presented the material in a straight forward manner This is a tough topic & Shaun presented a very thoughtful & balanced point of view. My questions were well answered.
- Shaun makes this class very interesting. He gives great examples – local police problems/accidents etc. Fascinating. Shaun was professional yet relaxed & friendly in his presentation. I would recommend him as an instructor not only for the class, but on the shooting range.
- For those interested in learning basic firearm safety, I would highly recommend this instructor.
|Learn Spanish Gently - Intermediate
||Ingrid Almada, Instructor
- Great class! I thoroughly enjoyed the class. It was interactive which made it really enjoyable.
|Professional Novel and Memoir Writing
||Cindy Hiday, Instructor
- Cindy goes over, above, and beyond in providing helpful comments and suggestions to our weekly assignments. She is available before class and on-line if needed. She e-mails class information of has great handouts with clear ideas to improve writing. I have learned a lot and plan to continue next term. I would highly recommend this class.
- This is really a great class to help those who are interested in writing memoirs, stories and book projects. Cindy Hiday is well organized and the classes go very smoothly. She provides editing help and encouragement throughout.
- Cindy is a sensitive and flexible instructor who makes everyone in the classroom feel welcome. She involves all participants with equal time. She encourages questions and comments, but in a fair and non-threatening way. We love it!
- The instructor has an excellent grasp of the subject matter and is very kind and accepting which is very important in a class where you share your thoughts on a variety of written topics.
- The course is interesting, challenging and fun. The instructor is organized, supportive, knowledgeable, insightful and very accepting. Her written feedback on assignments is helpful.
|Novel and Memoir Writing Early Techniques
||Cindy Hiday, Instructor
- Cindy has a consistent style that makes the class time flow evenly and smoothly. When someone reads their work, she reacts thoughtfully and sensitively. There is never a chance the class will be boring.
- I recommend this class frequently. Cindy is the most gentle critic & teacher that learning to write well from her is almost painless.
- Love the class! Cant wait to come back again and again. Cindy Hiday is the best teacher ever.