Student Installment Payment Note
MHCC is going green!
Enrollment in the Student Installment Payment Note is through the Web Financial Services link online at https://my.mhcc.edu/ics. As of summer term 2013, paper forms are no longer available and notifications for payment due dates are via email.
For students to access the note during the enrollment period, they must meet the listed eligibility requirements.
A student may defer their tuition/fees payment if:
- They register using an official social security number.
- Their tuition/fees total $100.00 or more, or $100 is owing after application of any waiver, scholarship, or financial aid.
- No other monies are owed to the college. All prior unpaid balances on a student installment note must be paid in full before they register for a new term. This restriction applies even though their registration date may come before the payment date shown on their note.
Student Installment Payment Notes are not available to international students.
Eligible students are required to complete the Student Installment Payment Note enrollment process on line. The enrollment period opens when registration begins and ends the second Friday of a term.
- The information required is:
- Three references:
- Employer name, address and business telephone number
- Name of nearest relative, address and telephone number
- Name of a friend/relative who does not live with the student, address and telephone number
- A payment of 1/3 of their total charges is required on line (electronic check or bank/credit card) to complete the enrollment process in the payment plan.
- The remaining balance of tuition is to be paid in two installments by the required payment dates. Email notifications are sent to the email address on file before each installment payment date. Students need to keep their email address current with MHCC.
Agreements and Covenants
By signing the Student Installment Payment Note, the student would be agreeing to the following statements.
The student understands and agrees, by enrolling in the payment plan or authorizing a payer who enrolls in the payment plan on their behalf, that they are entering into an educational loan for educational benefit with MHCC that is non-dischargeable under Section 523(a)(8)of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The student agrees that payment of tuition and fees for the term shown on the student installment payment note are deferred and payable in three installments subject to the terms and conditions. To qualify for this service, they agree that they must register for a minimum of $100.00 and pay their first installment of 1/3 of their total charges before the end of the enrollment period. The student understands that if they add, drop or incur institutional charges, resulting in an increase or decrease of the total charges, the student installment note will be adjusted to reflect the changes to the total amount due. The student understands that the note is a legal debt owed to the college, which can be reduced only by payment, in the form of a check, cash or bankcard.
Students under 18 years of age will be held liable for the contract as an educational loan under Oregon Revised Statues 348105.
If a balance is remaining after their final installment date, the student will be in default of their note and they will be withdrawn from the plan and assessed a $20 late fee. They will continue to be assessed on past due charges every 30 days past due with a maximum of $60 per term. In the event of default, the student agrees to pay all reasonable collection fees and attorneys fees, whether or not suit or action is filed and if suit or action is filed, also promises to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees to be fixed by the trial court, and if any appeal is taken from any decision of the trial court, such further sum as may be fixed by the appellate court. If this note is placed in the hands of an attorney and/or collection agency, the student agrees and promises to pay all collection fees and court costs. The student also authorizes MHCC to use their social security number for internal and external credit reporting and collection purposes for all charges incurred.
The student agrees to keep their home address and email address updated within MHCC’s records as long as any part of their indebtedness remains unpaid.
The student understands and agrees that should they receive financial aid, they will be required to pay any balance outstanding with their financial aid.
The student understands that there is no reduction in their financial obligation if they do not attend class, or if they stop payment on a check, unless they officially drop or withdraw from class (es) either in person at the Student Services Center or by using online services within the refund period as indicated on the student course and fee schedule. All tuition and/or fees deferred will remain owing if the class (es) is dropped after the refund period.
The student understands and agrees that MHCC will withhold transcripts and/or grades and future registration, if any debt remains unpaid, and will use legally authorized procedures to effect collections, without prior notification.