Petitioning to Remove Tuition Charges
A petition for exception to the MHCC Refund Policy will be considered in the event that there are extenuating circumstances that have affected a student’s ability to complete the course(s) and withdraw within the refund period.
Petitions must meet one of the following criteria for consideration:
- Personal illness or injury that prevented the ability to officially drop a course within the refund period.(physician’s statement required)
- Illness, injury or death in the family that prevented the ability to officially drop a course within the refund period.(physician’s statement required)
- Mandatory military or career transfer outside the greater Portland or Vancouver area. (Documentation required)
- Institutional error verified by MHCC employee (letter of explanation and supporting documentation required).
This Petition Cannot Be Filed Based On:
- Changes in work schedule, transportation problems or child care issues
- Being unaware of college procedures and deadlines
- Quality of instruction or course dissatisfaction (must see the Instructional Dean)
- Course placement or advising issues (must see the Dean of Student Success)
- Drop the course(s) if not past the withdrawal date.
- Complete this petition form.
- Submit a personal statement of explanation.
- Submit any supporting documentation as described above under guidelines.
Only complete petitions with official supporting documentation will be considered. Petitions which do not meet all requirements or that are incomplete will be returned without review. Mail or bring to the address below.
Please click this link for the printable petition form: petition form
Mt Hood Community College
Admission, Registration and Records Office
26000 SE Stark
Gresham, OR 97030
NOTE: Students who received financial aid will not receive a refund. If they have received their financial aid, they must contact the Financial Aid Office at 503-491-7262 about any changes made to their class schedule that may affect their financial aid status.