Student Outreach and Recruitment (SOAR) Team
What do you need to SOAR?
- Know (or want to know) the Gresham campus inside & out.
- Have a story to share about why YOU chose to attend MHCC.
- Want to help inspire, inform, and support prospective students.
- Want to spread the word about what MHCC has to offer.
- Want part of your tuition paid for.
Who are we?
The SOAR Team at Mt. Hood Community College is comprised of 7 student leaders with a mission to get YOU here. We come with a range of educational and life backgrounds. Some of us have “been there, done that”, while some of us are brand new to the college scene. We are committed to getting any and all prospective students on board with MHCC. We combine passion, creativity, humor and personal experiences into our work. We look forward to sharing with YOU all that we’ve got going on at the College.
What do we do?
The SOAR Team works directly with the College’s Student Outreach and Recruitment staff to get the word out about MHCC. Our main SOAR duties include:
- assist with MHCC 101 workshops held on campus for visiting high schools
- assist with services related to the Orientation Center and/or Student Union front desk
- attend college and career fairs
- coordinate and lead campus tours
- occasionally visit high schools for peer-to-peer advising or MHCC presentations
- promptly respond to prospective students’ inquiries via email, mail or phone
- update & maintain SOAR Facebook page and other social media outlets
If you’d like to join us for a campus tour, click here: http://www.mhcc.edu/tours/
Where are we located?
The SOAR Team is located in the lower-level of the Student Union in rm. 59 on the Gresham Campus. Feel free to stop by or leave us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know the 2013-14 SOAR Leaders: Click here to check us out.