Arranging Accommodated Tests in the Testing Center
(503) 491-7591 Testing Center — (503) 491-6923 Disability Services
The MHCC Testing Center, located in room 2335, proctors accommodated exams for students with disabilities. Students who need accommodations on an exam because of a disability need to apply for services with the Disability Services Office first.
The procedures for instructors and students are as follows:
- Students must contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment to take an accommodated exam, 503-491-7591 or 503-491-7592.
- The student must complete the top portion of the Exam Proctoring Checklist and present the form to the instructor in a timely manner. The Exam Proctoring Checklist form can be downloaded by clicking on the following link:
- The instructor completes the remainder of the form, and then delivers the form to the Testing Center with a copy of the exam. If the exam needs to be audiotaped or scanned, the exam needs to be delivered to the Disability Services Office with sufficient time to modify it to an alternative format.
- The Testing Center will administer the exam at the students’ scheduled appointment time. Due to limited staffing in the Testing Center, completed exams can no longer be hand-delivered to the instructor or department secretary. You now have the following options: The instructor can pick it up; or it can be delivered by the student in a sealed envelope; or it can be sent through the intercampus mail to the instructor.
- If you have any questions regarding testing accommodations, call 503-491-6923.