Enrollment in TRIO College First
Who is Eligible?
Two-thirds of the enrolled participants must:
- Show a potential for enrolling in a college or university of their choice.
- Enrolled in 6th grade through 12th grade, or if having left high school before graduation, wishes to return to school.
- From a family with an income not to exceed 150% of the poverty level set by the US Dept of Commerce.
- Will be the first person in the family to graduate from college
- A student with a documented disability
- Is a citizen or national of the US;
- A permanent resident of the US;
- Is in the US for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from INS of his or her intent to become a permanent resident;
- Is a permanent resident of Guam, Northern Mariana Islands or Palau; or,
- Is a resident of Micronesia or the Marshal Islands
How to Enroll:
- If you meet the above qualifications or have any questions, please call 503-491-7143 to get more information or you may contact the school counselor at your school.
- The student and parent will complete a two page TRIO application that is obtained from the TRIO Advisor in the school that the student attends.
- The student requests a recommendation from their school counselor
- The student meets with the TRIO Advisor
If you feel that you do not meet the qualifications but wish to talk to TRIO College First, please call 503-491-7143 and we will be happy to talk to you.