Come to an Open House at MHCC to Learn about Careers in Healthcare
Posted: March 20, 2014
Daniel Martinez, Class of ‘12
Are you interested in working in the healthcare field? Come to an open house April 22 at Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) and learn how to get on the path to a career that is personally and professionally rewarding.
The Allied Health Open House will be held 3 – 4:30 p.m. in Room AC1710 on the Gresham Campus, 26000 S.E. Stark St. MHCC students and high school students, as well as community members who may be considering a career change, are welcome to attend, no reservations required. Refreshments will be served.
Guests are invited to check out the program facilities of their choice, tour the labs and speak with faculty and students. They will also have an opportunity to meet with helpful representatives from advising, financial aid and admissions.
Janie Griffin, dean of Nursing and Allied Health at MHCC, says, “Our programs offer students award-winning faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and a bright future.” MHCC prepares graduates for careers in a number of fields:
- Dental Hygiene
- Funeral Service Education
- Medical Office
- Mental Health/Human Service
- Practical Nursing
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare careers are expected to grow over the next eight years. MHCC graduates who are already working in the field offer the following comments:
- “In MHCC I found a special place where I felt I belonged, with small class sizes, motivated students, accessible faculty and relevant and affordable courses.” -- Angela Tucker-Mckenzie, MHCC Class of ’05
- “MHCC’s program really prepared me for a rewarding career.” -- Olga Ruben, MHCC Class of ’08
- “MHCC gave me total and exceptional preparation. The training was outstanding…MHCC was the best decision I ever made.” -- Roseanna Lee, MHCC Class of ’10
For more information, media professionals may contact the Office of Community Engagement 503-491-7204 or email@example.com.