Project YESS - Youth Employability Support Services
Project YESS is actively recruiting youth
for our GED to College Program
Established in 1980, Project YESS is a youth education and workforce program designed to help youth prepare for the GED examination, establish career goals, develop job search skills and transition to college or advanced training opportunities. YESS provides a comfortable, stimulating learning environment where student's needs are taken seriously.
Why should I participate in this program?
||While completing the GED, you will be increasing your reading, math, & writing skills in order to be more prepared for college classes. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to explore many and varied career options.
||It’s not easy for young adults to get a job these days. With more education it gets easier and you can earn more money.
|No Costs to you!
||YESS pays for the course fees, testing fees, bus passes, school supplies and more!
What courses do I take while attending Project YESS?
- One of the courses is Career and College Readiness Training. You will learn the basics on how to get and keep a job, research career options and learn what it takes to get into college or advanced trainings. This is an opportunity to get to know yourself better in preparing for a career direction.
- The MHCC ABE/GED course and learn more about being ready for college.
How do I qualify for Project YESS?
- Be willing to commit to completing the GED and start college or a career pathway training.
- Be 16-21 years old.
- Meet family income guidelines (attend a mandatory information session to learn more about this).
- Live in Multnomah County.
- Legal to work.
This sounds good…what do I do next?
- Click on link to get dates and times for the Project YESS Information Session
- Attend a JumpStart session at MHCC. Go to mhcc.edu/jumpstart for dates and times.
- Click on link for the Project YESS Program Flier for more information and a printable flier.
Call for more information at (503) 491-7641
26000 SE Stark Street, Gresham, OR 97030
Project YESS is located in the lower level of the College Center in Room 49
Mt. Hood Community College/Project YESS is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services, alternate formats and language services are available to individuals with disabilities and limited English proficiency free of cost upon request. To place a free relay call in Oregon dial 711. This program is financed in whole or in part with funds provided through Worksystems, Inc. from the U.S. Department of Labor.