• College Organizations: AR-7020-F

  • Section 7000: Students
    College Organizations
    Administrative Regulation: AR-7020-F

    President’s Cabinet (PC) Approval: 5/8/84
    Revised: 8/11/98

    It should be noted that these regulations apply to student organizations as well as staff and other groups that intend to operate as official College organizations, exclusive of employee unions or similar organizations.

    New organizations will be subject to administrative regulations and rules as outlined in Board policy. Except for temporary recognition, groups and/or organizations will submit to the president or designee, through appropriate administrative offices, copies of their proposed constitution.

    The proposal will include, but not be limited to, the following:

    1. Name
    2. Purpose
    3. Authorities and Powers
    4. Membership Provisions
    5. Dues (omit, if none)
    6. Officers
    7. Executive Board (omit, if none)
    8. Meetings
    9. Elections
    10. By-laws
    11. Rules of Order
    12. Amendments

    Specific attention should be given to Numbers 1 and 3, so that the purposes of the proposed organization and its position in the structure of the College (Number 3) are clearly and appropriately defined.

    It should also be noted under Number 4 and 5 that moneys resulting from dues and/or other activities should be deposited with the college center bookkeeper and are to be accounted for and expended in accordance with procedures and practices developed by the business office. Student fees are not to be spent for any curricular or academic purpose, or to fund anything prohibited by Board policies, administrative regulations or the Student Code of Conduct.

    Groups may, at their own request, terminate their organization or the College may, for adequate cause, place an organization on probation, suspend it for a stipulated period or terminate it completely.

    Note: When amendments or changes are made in the constitution or by-laws of any College approved organization, these changes must be submitted to the College president or designee for approval.