|Section 4000: Facilities/Risk Management
Board Policy: 4040
|Board of Education
The Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) District Board of Education will consider entering into public/private partnerships that meet or exceed the following criteria.
All ventures must:
- Consider College programs that possibly provide training/jobs for MHCC students
- Contribute to the educational or cultural programs and activities of the College and comply with all applicable Board policies
- Include a provision in which the private party agrees to relinquish all rights to the property and/or facilities if the MHCC District Board of Education elects to terminate the agreement or not renew the lease
- Maintain or enhance the financial resources and the educational values of the district
- Meet the general needs of the surrounding communities
- Provide funds for basic maintenance and other needs for the duration of the agreement
In public/private ventures involving instructional programs, the private party is encouraged to be involved in curriculum development, but MHCC retains the final authority in all curriculum decisions.
END OF POLICY