Students who believe that they have the knowledge and skills from life experience, industry training or professional certification, may request to challenge a course by examination in lieu of class attendance. Challenge exams are subject to the following
- Students must have earned 12 credit hours at MHCC before they are eligible.
- A maximum of 25% or 22.5 credit hours of non-traditional credit can be earned toward a degree.
- Classes may be challenged with the approval of the Division Dean.
- The per credit challenge fee must be paid prior to testing.
- Challenge courses are offered for Pass/Fail grades only
- Once a student has taken a challenge exam, they must accept the resulting grade for the exam. A student may not drop or withdraw from a challenge
- Successful challenge results in grade and credit on the MHCC permanent record identified as credit for challenge.
- A student may not drop or withdraw from a challenge.
- A student should not be currently registered for a class they are challenging.
- Financial aid recipients CANNOT use financial aid dollars to "challenge" classes. Please check with the Office of Financial Aid.
You may challenge a course by obtaining a registration form from the Student Services HUB (room AC2253) or the college department responsible for instruction of the course. The exam is comprehensive, covering all the basic information and skills required
of a student completing the course in the regular manner. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.