Oregon Veterans Educational Benefit
The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs provides educational benefits for pursuit of approved training courses. Benefits will be paid for as many months as the veteran spent in active service, up to a maximum of 36 months. Veterans' who qualify for the program are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.
Benefits are paid for classroom instruction, home study courses, and for vocational training from an accredited educational institution.
ODVA’s Educational Aid will not be paid if the veteran is currently receiving federal educational benefits under any federal act.
- Full-time students are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.
- Part-time students are entitled to receive up to $100 per month.
- School criteria determines full-time and part-time status.
- Active duty in the Armed Forces of the U.S. for not less than 90 days; and
- Released from military service under honorable conditions; and
- Is a resident of Oregon when applying for State Educational Aid; and
- Is a citizen of the United States; and
- Served during the Korean War (June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955) or after June 30, 1958.
How to Apply
GPA and Course Requirements
Veteran Services Homepage