The MHCC Library does not purchase textbooks. Rather, the Library works with instructors to set up reserve collections for materials instructors feel should be readily available for their students.
Instructors need to gather reserve materials from the Library collection or provide copies from their own collection. Library AV materials may also be put on reserve. Library staff can assist instructors in locating relevant resources in the collection.
Questions about reserves may be directed to
Megan Dugan at Megan.Dugan@mhcc.edu.
Submitting Materials for Course Reserves:
- Instructors should fill out the
Course Reserves Form (PDF). This form is also available from the Check-out Desk. The form must be filled out completely and brought to the Library
with the reserve materials. (After printing the form, click the Clear the Form button before closing)
Instructors please note:
- The instructor determines the loan period for reserve materials. See the
Course Reserves Form (PDF) for loan period options.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for the processing of a reserve item before assigning it to students. Materials will not be available for students' use until fully processed.
- All reserve materials will be taken off reserve at the end of the quarter. If the same materials are being used for the following quarter and comply with the copyright laws, you must contact
Copyright Information for Course Reserves:
- Instructors may provide photocopies of personal course resources or of copyrighted materials following acceptable "fair use" guidelines. See
Copyright Law and Fair Use Guidelines.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse materials for the reserve collection that violate copyright laws and college regulations. Instructors are responsible for obtaining copyright permission when necessary. Permission may be obtained through the
Copyright Clearance Center at
http://www.copyright.com. Please note that the Copyright Clearance Center charges a fee for this service.