The Mt. Hood Community College District is seeking applications for the current vacant position on the board of education. An individual will be appointed to fill the vacant position through June 30, 2023 and will be replaced by the individual elected
to the position (based upon the May 16, 2023 election results) on July 1, 2023. If appointed to this position, the individual is permitted to run in the May election.
The vacancy is for an at-large position, and applicants must live within the Mt. Hood Community College District’s boundaries. District boundaries can be found at https://www.mhcc.edu/District/.
Interested persons must submit a response to the application questions (see below) to the district office no later than 9 p.m. on Wednesday, November 9, 2022. Applications should be sent to Stephanie Serrano at email@example.com.
Following a review of the submitted materials, the board will schedule interviews with selected candidates. Interviews will be scheduled the evening of Monday, November 14th, 2022. Not all candidates for the board vacancy will be interviewed.
If you have any questions concerning the role of the board of education and the responsibilities of a board member, please contact Andrew Speer, Board Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-830-6000.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Stephanie Serrano at email@example.com.
Please respond to the following:
- Contact info
- Why are you interested in serving on the Board of Education for Mt. Hood Community College?
- MHCC prioritizes equity and acknowledges the importance of the ongoing and intentional work to interrupt oppression and remove barriers that perpetuate inequity. We strive to become an organization that demonstrates equity in concept, practice,
and outcomes, where all people are valued and feel a sense of belonging. As member of the Board of Education, how would you contribute to this work.
- Please provide examples of your community involvement.
- Please provide examples of your connections to MHCC and how you have engaged with the college in the past.
- Please provide any additional information you feel would be important for the Board of Education to consider with your candidacy.
- Submission of a resume is optional