A Student who is alleged to have violated the MHCC student Code of Conduct will be asked to meet with the Conduct Administrator or designee. The purpose of the meeting is four fold:
- Review the allegation with you
- Investigate the situation to obtain information from you
- Provide you an opportunity to respond to the allegation
- Review possible disciplinary action that could be taken if found in Violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
You may bring an adviser or representative with you to this meeting as described in the Student Code of Conduct Article V: Allegations and Hearings: Section 8.
Students wishing to appeal a disciplinary action should click here to submit their written appeal. Appeals must be submitted within 10 calendar days of receiving their decision letter as documented by USPS delivery tracking or Email notification. Appeals
are only considered based on the following:
- A procedural error or irregularity which materially affected the decision
- New evidence of substantive nature not previously available at the time of the hearing that would have materially affected the decision
- Bias on the part of the student conduct administrator, which materially affected the hearing
- The sanction imposed is not commensurate with the findings of fact established during the hearing process.