AR 5012: International Students

International students applying to Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) on a student visa or planning to change to a student visa, must complete the following to substantiate issuance by the college of a Form I-20:

  • International student application and the non-refundable application fee
  • Financial statement, affidavit of support, and official supporting financial documents/verifications.
  • Photocopies of the passport ID page
  • Students transferring from another US institution must submit a copy of their I-20, visa, I-94, and official transcript(s)
  • Or any document required to study in the United States

Proof of English is not required to apply, but students must place into English or college courses before registering. English placement is determined by:

  • Attendance at an American high school with a 3.2 grade point average (GPA) and an A or B in senior English
  • Transfer from an accredited United States college or university with the equivalent of WR090 or higher with a C or better.

For all other students, placement will be determined by the MHCC placement test (CPT, LOEP, and/or CASAS).

International students (not a U.S. citizen) do not become residents regardless of the length of residency within the district.

Approved:   4/18/2023
  • Title 8, U.S. Code Sections 1101 et seq.
  • NWCUU 2020 Standard 1.C4