Students at computers

EOU / SOU / WOU Transfer Degree - FAQ

Do you still have questions about the program, careers after graduation, or how to get started? Take a look at the frequently asked questions or talk with an advisor to get the help you need.

Frequently Asked Questions

Normally, the EOU / SOU / WOU transfer degree program takes two years of full-time study. Some students take longer because they can't attend full-time or need help with reading, writing, or math.

Mt. Hood Community College has several student resources on campus to help students connect with employers and find a job placement both during and after their time at MHCC. Learn more through career planning.

If you're 18 or older, you can start without a high school diploma or GED® certificate. But if you haven't finished high school, you can work on it here while beginning your computer career. Students under 18 without a diploma should talk with an advisor to get the assistance you need to get started.

You can start a course or two without them. But it's best for all students, whether full-time or part-time, to take the placement test soon, especially if you're aiming for a degree or certificate. The test covers reading, writing, and math and is free. To schedule a placement test, contact testing services.

No, most required EOU / SOU / WOU transfer degree classes are available in all regular academic terms, including summer. Please meet with an academic advisor to plan your path to graduation.

Yes, the EOU / SOU / WOU transfer degree can be completed 100% online. If you’d like to complete the degree this way, meet with an advisor to create your academic plan.

Sometimes, yes. Some classes must be taken in order, and some have prerequisites. Check the catalog or talk to an academic advisor to plan your classes.

There's no special application for students in the EOU / SOU / WOU transfer degree, but you must apply to MHCC.

Take the next step with Mt. Hood Community College

Have questions about the EOU / SOU / WOU Transfer Degree Program?

Read EOU / SOU / WOU Transfer Degree Frequently Asked Questions

Ready to Get Started?

Talk with an Advisor

Apply or Request Information