• Underage Enrollment in Credit Classes

  • Students Age 14-15

    Are you a student aged 14 or 15 wishing to take credit courses at MHCC? Whether you’re doing so as a participant at one of our partnering Early Colleges, or for your own personal enrichment, please follow our process below to get started!

    1. Complete the General Admission Form. It's free and only takes a few minutes.
    2. After you receive a welcome email with your student ID, complete the College Placement Test
    3. Fill out and complete the Underage Admissions Application located on the right side of this page. Send all documents to HighSchool.Services@mhcc.edu
    4. Call 503-491-7421 or email HighSchool.Services@mhcc.edu to set up an Underage Readiness Meeting with the High School Services Director. All paperwork must be submitted prior to scheduling appointment.

    In the Underage Readiness Meeting, a parent or guardian must be present. The High School Service Director (or designee) will review the letter of intent, letter of support and CPT scores with the applicant, as well as engage the applicant in conversation regarding their readiness for college. The Student Code of Conduct and other expectations will be reviewed with the student. This meeting and the documents submitted will be included in the decision-making process.

    Students Age 16 -17:

    Students Age 16 -17 who have not graduated from high school or who have not been released from compulsory attendance must complete the following steps:

    1. Complete the General Admission Form online
    2. After you receive a welcome email with your student ID, complete the Accuplacer College Placement Test
    3. Turn in the Underage Release & Liability Agreement located at the top of the page to High School Services. This form will be valid for 12 months.
      If you are Homeschooled you do not need to have a school designee sign the form. Instead please provide a copy of the confirmation letter received after notifying your local educational service district of the intent to home school.
    4. Register for courses by logging in to the MyMHCC Portal . You can also meet with an Academic Advisor with help registering for courses.

    Students under 18 released from compulsory attendance

    Students under 18, who have been released from compulsory attendance, must submit a “Release from Compulsory Attendance Form” to the Admissions & Records Office. This form is obtained from the student’s resident high school district.

    Enrolling For Non-Credit Classes

    Any student under the age of 18 may take Community Education classes, regardless of age, without special approval of MHCC staff. However, their parent or guardian must sign a Release Agreement for Potential Injury or Liability Form. This form is available in the Executive Deans Office. This form will be kept on file in the Registrars office.

    Financial Aid Eligibility of Underage Students

    For the purposes of financial aid eligibility, underage students are not defined as college degree-seeking students and are therefore not eligible for aid. Regular students are defined as degree-seeking students. Students concurrently enrolled in high school and MHCC are by federal regulation ineligible for financial aid. If a student is age 16 or older, has been released from compulsory high school attendance and has completed a GED, they may be eligible for financial aid. The Financial Aid Office will make the final determination of aid eligibility status based on documentation provided by the student.