How to Become an MHCC Student
Pro Tip: When you decide to go to college, the first thing to consider is how you will pay for school. If you are applying for financial aid you want to complete the FAFSA/ORSAA https://mhcc.edu/ApplyingFinAid/
Also, be sure to explore other ways to cover costs including scholarships, employer reimbursement opportunities, unemployment incentives, etc. If you are paying out of pocket, a community college like Mt. Hood is a great option for a high quality education at a reasonable price
1. APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS at mhcc.edu/Apply/
You will receive a “Welcome” email with your MHCC Student ID, password and instructions on what to do next.
2. DETERMINE YOUR COURSE PLACEMENT (In Reading, Writing & Math)
- New students: Please review available course placement options by visiting www.mhcc.edu/CoursePlacement.
- Transfer students: Send us your official transcripts from other schools. After you submit your transcript, request a Transfer Evaluation.
3. TALK TO STUDENT HUB STAFF:
Get help with your first term schedule
4. REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Log into MyMHCC and register https://my.mhcc.edu/ICS/
- Note: Log in instructions are included on the main page as well as a “how to register video.”
- Need more help? Use our “live chat” also found on the main MyMHCC page!
5. SET UP STUDENT EMAIL AND ONLINE ACCESS TOOLS
Now it’s time to set up the tools you will need to access your course materials online, communicate with instructors and fellow students and get help when needed.
6. ORDER TEXTBOOK AND COURSE MATERIAL
Plan ahead. Order your books so you have them before your first class. Visit https://mhcc.textbookx.com to find the